I was admitted in a clinic with severe Hepatitis infection. I had got the test report on August 2, 1995. This was October 1, 1995.
By 9 o' clock at night, I was completely taken over by the disease. Death seemed just around the corner. From the next day my condition got progressively worse. I was in a daze. The thermometer reading went from 103 to 104, from 104 to 105, and from 105 to 106. The doctor was holding my hand. They started giving me intravenous drips. A blood test yielded an S. bilirubin level reading of 23.80: abnormally high.
The situation got drastically worse on October 3rd. My S. Biliruin level rose to 67.50. That night my admission to a different clinic was arranged, but the doctors on duty declined with regret. I would live between 6 and 7 hours at the most, they said.
Finally, through everyone's effort I was admitted to the Delta Clinic in Dhanmondi. The next day, my blood samples were tested in 6 different diagnostic centres. All of them concluded that my S. Bilirubun level had risen even higher, it was now 71. Everyone was certain I was really dying this time.
October 5, 1995: Since my condition was deteriorating rapidly, a medical board, consisting of some of the leading physicians was set up to handle my case. But my condition didn't improve. All medical efforts failed.
After 21 days in the clinic I was sent back home because there was nothing more the doctors could do. I was about to give up completely. But I realized if I broke down mentally I would have absolutely no chance of surviving. In the meantime I had even come through a coma.
I then started meditating regularly. I meditated 3 times everyday. I also followed all other rules and regulations. I began to get better rapidly. My S. Bilirubin levels dropped. I continued for several days in the same way. The person who doctors had said would live 7 hours at most is still alive by the grace of God. I have now completely recovered and leading a completely normal life.
1 comment:
really I believe in what you are saying, mediation can do wonders
Post a Comment